As a grocery clerk you work on a team in a hands-on role to ensure the grocery store/supermarket has the products available for customer purchase in a friendly and safe environment. You are the initial point of contact for a diverse customer base in addressing questions about the location of items in the store (ranging from food to paper products to sundry items which varies from store to store). The ability to effectively communicate with customers is key. Additionally, you are a part of a team of clerks who are responsible for stocking and restocking shelves throughout your shift which requires getting additional items from the backroom should the shelves not have items available. Stocking and restocking shelves with products requires the ability to lift boxes in excess of 40 pounds and safely move a warehouse rolling cart through the aisles of the store.
Qualifications for Grocery Clerk
- 0-2 years customer service experience
- Able to safely lift boxes that weigh in excess of 30 pounds
- Physically able to engage in repetitive hand movements reaching shelves of varying heights
- Comfortable and able to safely stand and climb ladders in small places
- Must be able to frequently move from a bent position to standing position to unpack boxes
- Excellent customer service skills in order to work with a diverse population
- Available to work a variety of shifts including overnight depending on store need
- Able to work a varied work schedule that changes every 2 weeks
- Attention to detail and able to learn where store products are located to provide information to customers
We (careerzhub) are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title / Send email to the provided email / will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so workzpot is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.careerzonline.com/job/hotel-worker-japan/ →